Thursday, February 17, 2011

latest addition - don't worry - just a kitchen table

On Sunday, Caleb, Lil' Mama, and I went to Canton.  It was not my first visit, but it sure was a fun one!  Due to the winter weather, there were far less shoppers and sellers were willing to negotiate.  Caleb and I had been casually looking for a table - not wanting to buy furniture to fit our apartment, but wishing we could replace his bachelor tall table (minus one chair).




Ta-da...We found a fantastic little table from the 30's.  We loved the thought of all of the family dinners that had been eaten on that table, and are now enjoying our own.  It is the perfect little size for us!

A good friend of ours had to get her gallbladder out while on a ski trip in Colorado.  She came back in town on Monday, so I wanted to bring her something delicious that would make her feel better.  Well, what do sick people want more than chicken noodle soup?!  I don't know - so I went with chicken noodle soup.  It was my first attempt to make homemade soup and it was quite an undertaking.  There are oh so many steps!  But I do think it turned out quite Paula Dean like.  Caleb and I enjoyed our fair share and even passed some on to his mom. 

Wednesday was, surprise, another snow day!  I was dreading being stuck inside once again, but this time was a little different.  The weather did not affect the roads like it had before.  Caleb and I used his lunch break to get our passports.  It is crunch time on the passport front with Honeymoon Part B quickly approaching, so this snow day was crucial.  For dinner, we met our darling friends, The Smiths, at Amore'.  It was my first time at the scrumptious Italian restaurant, and I enjoyed every bite.  Justin's twin sister got engaged that night - she called him during dinner - and everyone is thrilled! 

Thursday night I had a Valentine surprise for my hubs!  We went to see Amos Lee at the House of Blues.  It was one of my favorite concerts.  He is truly amazing live, and I have fallen in love with his voice all over again.  If my music man made a CD, I think we would find it located in the same section as Amos. 

Long overdue - took off with some favorites, Amanda and Robyn, for brunch and a pedicure - new place, new color, new tradition?  My feet are thankful! 


The end of the week was definitely a highlight - Valentine dinner at Ruth's Chris.  Caleb's dad and stepmom gave us a gift card for Christmas, and we planned immediately to save it for Valentine's Day.  Worth the wait -  It did not disappoint.  Everything was incredibly delicious and we left with full tummys and a yummo doggie bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment