Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Stars, Technology and Oklahoma

What in the world do these three things have in common?  They were all included in my "newbies" for the past week.  My darling first graders had a field trip to the Planetarium.  It was in fact, at age 28, my first time to go to a planetarium.  And...it is everything you think it would be.  I was just as thrilled as my munchkins!  The woman who was lead our field trip is the ripe old age of 77 and didn't miss a beat.  I found a new hope, that I am like her when I am 77.  If I took the trip literally, I can add every planet, the moon, and sun to my travels as new locations.
I was introduced to Alan November.  For those of you at Bookman, he is the "Patty" of my new school.  I was introduced to all kinds of NEW technology that I just can't get enough of.  I am amazed at the options and what all there is to discover online. 
A new goal of mine has been to travel to all 50 states - I am at a depressing low start, but this weekend, I added Oklahoma!  
We traveled with our newlywed church group to Grand Lake, Oklahoma.  
Each person shared their Life Map - detailed testimony with the group.  It was an amazing blessing to see God's faithfulness in each of our lives and how He lead each of us to this point - together.   I am so thankful for each couple in our group and know that the Lord placed us all together for His purpose.  Caleb and I were both so encouraged by the openness and honesty of our new friends. 
We also had time for a little fun - a late January boat ride is in fact a really good thing!  


This was a first for me to see Caleb helping out with a boat - and he did a wonderful job of course!
 Scott and Caleb
All snuggled up on the boat 
All of the girls (we missed you Heather).  We ate lots and lots of delicious food - 
a big thank you to Cara for all of her planning!
 The Wards
 The Looneys
First time to see my hubs in a letterman jacket 
Looking forward to some new firsts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment