Sunday, January 23, 2011

Busy with Newness

Caleb and I attended Connecting Point at our church to become new members.  We left totally excited and encouraged.
Caleb was out of town this week for work, so I stayed busy.  This was the first time for him to be out of town for three days.  A "new" thing I could have done without.
Martin Luther King Day provided for my first planning day with my district.  It was a useful and helpful experience.  We started the day with The Marshmallow Challenge.  This is a real thing - 20 spaghetti noodles, one large marshmallow, 1 foot of tape, some string, and scissors.  Check it out
http://marshmallowchallenge.com/Welcome.html  My group's creation was one of only two standing creations.  We were able to build it up to 21 1/2 inches.  A small victory - second place marshmallow construction! 
I attended The Porch kickoff with Robyn and Lindsey.  Jason Castro, from American Idol and a member of my church, had a concert.  He won my heart...I bolted home to buy his cd on itunes.  It hasn't stopped playing at our house.

My district has an auction to raise money for our school.  Each teacher offers a "gift of time" and is bought by a student.  Wednesday was my gift of time.  I treated four adorable students to an ice cream party at Wild About Harry's.  I had never been, but their ice cream was scrumptious!  Then we had a fun time of games with the other first grade teachers and their students. 

The list continues:
lunch at The Corner Bakery
homemade fondue - flop.  melting chocolate in the microwave - delish
watched The A-Team for the first time - five stars, loved it!
dinner at Primo's - yummy, will be back
ate my first SMASHburger - it won't be my last

No comments:

Post a Comment