Friday, August 5, 2011

The Sticky Pages

My church always offers really awesome bible studies.  This summer I geared up for The Sticky Pages with Michelle and Jackie.  The study covered Nahum to Haggai.  The study was called the Sticky Pages because they are minor prophets that most people don't spend a lot of time studying.  I will plainly confess that I have never read them before (or I sure don't remember) NEW THING!  It was a five week course on Thursday nights always followed by a delicious summer treat.  We had an introductory lesson and then spent one session on each chapter.  It was amazing to see how these Old Testament struggles are still so applicable to my life today.  My personal favorite was Habakkuk, you should totally check it out. Here is why I loved it so:

Habakkuk goes from interrogating God to intercession with God
from anguish to adoration
from trembling legs to being as sure footed as a deer on high ground
He transforms worry into worship
He questions when God will act to recalling when God did act
He starts by looking at the iniquity of others then turns his eyes toward God
He goes from wondering where god's justice is to requesting justice but asking God to remember His mercy
He begins saying, "God what are you going to do" and changes to"God, what do I need to do?"  in total and full surrender to God's plan

No comments:

Post a Comment