Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Birthday AMERICA!

July 3 - 9

Caleb and I started our July 4th celebration a day early at Robyn and Tate's.  They have the absolute perfect party house - big open kitchen and living area that puts you right out into a covered outdoor space with a fireplace for wintertime and a cool, refreshing pool.  It was a fun time of celebrating with good friends. 

The Fabs and the Macs chilling in the air conditioning
we were dangerously close to all of the delicious Fourth of July spirited goodies!

July 4th lunch was a fun treat!  
Caleb had his eye on a little joint down the road for quite some time, 
and we finally decided to give it a try. 


We tried a neighborhood taqueria and enjoyed every bite. 

Caleb was in heaven. 

That night we went over to Jackie's parents house for a Potluck Dinner 
and fireworks show on the golf course! 

The ladies 
All American Boys 
The Smiths watching the fireworks 
Such an exciting fireworks show
and I got to use my neat all weather blanket! 

Thursday nights I started attending a five week bible study called, The Sticky Pages.  
It covered Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, and Haggai.  
The title is The Sticky Pages because it covers the books of the bible that people rarely read.  
I was so encouraged by these four books, and loved seeing the way God taught me through books I had never taken the time to read.  God gave us 66 books - which one do you think he doesn't want you to read? 

Friday night I went on the Starting Blocks retreat with a small group of the Children's Staff.  They were so nice to include me and I enjoyed getting to know many people I would be working with and seeing on a regular basis much better.  It was a productive and informative weekend with lots of fun splashed in.  I loved the Ranch where was stayed and I was refreshed when I got home. 

I am amazed at how the Lord still can teach me through the words of the Old Testament.  Even though time has changed, His word is still relevant and meaningful to me. 

I love my sweet hubby this week for being my favorite person to celebrate anything with - including Fourth of July!  I also love that I enjoy him so much I miss him even when I am just away from him one night - I like sleeping beside that man. 


No comments:

Post a Comment