Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bachelor, Fish, Finances...Oh My!

1. The Bachelor is back and better than ever! 
He loves her, he loves her not...
Monday I attended my first ever Bachelor drafting session.  I enjoyed the Bachelor in college - what else do LU girls do when they have to be in the dorm for curfew?  But never before have I been to an actual "fantasy football" version of the Bachelor.  Our fabulous host, Michelle, led the way.  After a delicious meal, we cozied up to check out this season's true romance.

We all watched the first episode, taking note of our favorites and being sure to note the most wacky women. 

Then, we drew for selection order.  I was fifth and selected Ashley S (she received the first impression rose).  I find her to be adorable and would like for her to be my friend.  We completed the first round draft picks and I was third for round two - selecting Chantel (the one who slapped him). 


I don't have much hope in either of my selections, as I plan to root for my darling friend Amanda's pick - Emily...but will be sure to tune in and cheer Ashley S. on!


The highlight of the whole event had to be the record keeping poster!  What a hoot!  At the end of each episode the girls who do not receive a rose, are graced with a big, black, Sharpie X across their face.  How could this weekly gathering get better?! 

2. One Month To Live
Some of my school friends and I have started a book study/bible study covering One Month to Live by Kerry and Chris Shook.  It is all about living life with no regrets.  This week was the first time we met together to discuss what we have been reading, and it was so very encouraging.  I am so thankful and feel so blessed that God has placed such amazing friends in my life.  We are reading the book a little slower than pace, because there is just so much to take from it!  I encourage anyone and everyone to pick up a copy for themselves! 

3. Moneywise
Caleb and I started a new financial class offered at our church, Watermark.  We love our church but this is our first Thursday night equipping class.  It is a five week series, and we are looking forward to learning more about what God has in store for us and our finances.  We are going to read The Treasure Principle.

4. Dallas World Aquarium
Saturday was my first visit to the Dallas World Aquarium.

It is like a walk in an aqua wonderland - full of aquatic life but much more!  I saw animals I have never seen before...
like the arapaima - which can grow up to a couple thousand pounds.  It is bright green and hot pink - my camera did not do this baby justice! 
 Seahorses aren't what I thought they were.  The aquarium had exotic, branch-like seahorses unlike anything I had ever seen.
I fed a parrot a big blueberry!  It was pretty exhilirating, and he was a hungry little fellow. 
The aquarium takes you on a journey through all of the layers of the rainforest - there are so many fun animals to see and learn more about.  We had a wonderful visit to the aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment