Saturday, January 1, 2011

Well...I'd say I'm off to a roaring start

A few minor details to clear up - a week will consist of a calendar week - Sunday to Saturday.  With the NEW YEAR starting on Saturday, and me always overly eager at the beginning of a new idea, I decided I couldn't let that one day go by without documentation.

Week 1- December 26 - January 1

New things:
1. I started a blog. I'm not sure whether my inspiration was from Julie and Julia or my recent obsession with trying new things in my new city - but here goes!  Hopefully, it will be a fun way to report what I am up to!

2. Caleb and I hosted a dinner party for our newlywed church group - we love them so!  Firsts for this event included: first time using the downstairs lounge, first time hosting all of our group, first time of us all getting together at the same time apart from our mentor's house. 

3. House of Blues for NYE 2011.
First time at the House of Blues 
First time for an Old 97's concert 

First NYE celebration as a married couple 

Sadie, Amanda, Me 

nice pose fellas 

second fun NYE with these two 

4. I cooked dinner in our tagine (a super special present from Caleb's dad) Is anyone familiar with this? 
It is quite the cooking contraption.  From North Africa, it uses steam to lock in moisture while cooking the food slowly - making for a delicious meal! 
Next time, I plan to cook a more authentic Moroccan meal...maybe that will be my next new thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment