Monday, April 25, 2011

Better late than never...

Week of April 3 - 9
Whew...I have been so busy with new things that I haven't even had time to let you in on them!  Sheesh...time is flying by and I am barely hanging on!

Caleb made ribs...


They were delicious...but we sure could not eat them all. 

Sunday night we met up with the Carrs and the Fabishes at Scalini's.  It was a delicious hole in the wall pizza joint.  It was my first time to sit in such a strange shaped booth - once you were seated, you were pretty much staying. 

During the week, I wasn't feeling my best, but we did try out some new recipes - crock pot macaroni and cheese, and honey dijon chicken.  The chicken was absolutely my new favorite way to prepare chicken - Caleb on the other hand thought it was a little too sweet. Bummer...I am going to try to sneak it into the rotation and try it again sometime.  Maybe the second time will be a charm - it was for us!  <3

Then the weekend showed up...and I felt GOOD! 
Saturday morning was a fantastic brunch with my favorite Bachelorette watching ladies!  Amanda Fab (who just started a new blog - Life in the Fab Lane - how cute is she?!) was given the loot reward.  Too bad Emily and Brad aren't going to be heading down the aisle.  But we did get a kick out of celebrating!

 Our afternoon continued to the Annual Armstrong Carnival! Boy does Armstrong whoop it up!  There were more blow up bouncy houses, games, booths, and even a zip line covering our field.  The kiddos were singing karaoke, getting fake casts, and sending people to "jail".  Fun was had by all!  




"Dan da da dan" (imagine it sounding very musical)
Saturday night the Brattloffs treated us to the Dallas Symphony.  Wow-ee-wow!  It was my first time, and I just loved it! 
 The theme was based off of a movie composer's scores.  He just so happened to be the composer of some hilarious flicks (Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder, Marley and Me...) which helped hold Caleb's attention.  It was a treat to get all dolled up and enjoy some Dallas culture.  Thanks Britni and Ryan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment