Monday, April 25, 2011

She is cuter than pictures!

(Week of April 10 - 16)


Finally...the weekend came for me to meet my darling new niece, Virginia Hays Johnson!  What a fantastic new event.  I flew to Charlotte on Thursday night to meet the newest family member.  She was wide awake and I just fell in love with her!


Virginia is such a little lady.  She very daintily keeps her hands crossed, and moves her body just a little, very gracefully.  If she is hungry, she quietly give a little whimper and if she has a dirty diaper she lets you know...other than that, she just sits happily and observes everything going on around her.   


One special new thing to our family was a PINK baby doggie!  Our grandmom, Virginia Derrick, gave my oldest nephew a blue baby doggie when he was born.  This baby doggie was so well loved, and our grandmom was so very loved by us, that we have kept this tradition for each new baby.  However, Virginia was the FIRST to recieve a PINK baby doggie.  She loved it and Wellsman did too.


Another new temporary family member - My dad came across a turtle...and he decided that the best place to take the turtle was to Addie's.  Wellsman had a "pet" for just a couple of days. 

Thank goodness the whole Johnson clan agreed that Mr. Turtle Terrific belonged at Freedom Park (FYI - the same park where Brad met Emily and her daughter Ricky)

It was my first time to slide down the Monkey Joe's slide - and I had the pleasure of sliding down about a billion times...

I took a brief trip down to Blythewood to celebrate my darling Mary Sims' upcoming nuptials.  Lucky me, this party was a skeet shoot - NEW THING!


It was my first time to see Mary Sims' beautiful NEW bling - and my FIRST time to celebrate with her live.  Definitely a NEW thing that was well overdue!  I loved seeing all my favorite friends!

A couple cutie moments I can't forget to share with yall:
Wellsman loves his new family member too! - "Aunt MareMare - take a picture of me and Ginia". 
"I go to Texas with Aunt MareMare" (aw...so precious!  He wanted to come with me when I was packing up...brought tears to my eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment