Monday, April 4, 2011

Virginia ain't just a place!

The most wonderful "new" thing so far this year - a new family member!  Monday, March 28 I was thrilled to receive a call (while at school) from each family member - Virginia Hays was on her way.  Named after my darling grandmother, on my mom's side, and Wells' cousin - she is just lovely and delicate.  Addie is doing great, already in a good routine and Wells is at home enjoying paternity leave.  Wellsman has been sweet and welcoming to his new sister.  I can't wait to get down there for a visit - will definitely post lots of pictures after my visit!  I have loved talking to them on the computer and seeing cute pictures but I can not wait to get my hands on that little precious one!




Friday, we went back in time to college days and went to a house party with our friends the Fabs - new people, new place, new fun!  We also late night dined at Cafe Brazil.  That place has the most delicious french toast, I will need to get that again...soon!

Saturday was errand day - first stop - car wash at Sewell - my parking spot is clearly the bird's out house - ew...  This led to immaginary car shopping -  where I regretfully developed a love for the Cadillac smell.  We also went by Starbuck's to use a gift card and I tried my first iced coffee - it's no Diet Mountain Dew, but it was a fun treat.  Then we were book sellers at Half Priced Books.  Caleb vowed to never buy a book brand new again - I have to agree.

Saturday night was my first time to cheer on Kentucky.  The Smiths are big fans, and we helped grill out and support the team.  No win this time, but they had a great season!  Next time, I will have to wear blue.    Michelle also introduced me to godtube - kinda like youtube - but I think I might like it even better.

 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to the Holcomb family!! Virgina is beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete