Friday, April 29, 2011

All Smiles with Atlanta Smiles

(Week of April 17 - 23)

This was my first time to fly two weekends in a row - Thursday night I headed out to Hotlanta for the big book release!  It is hard to believe that the book Angie and I wrote is finally going to be in stores!  Friday was a busy day getting ready for the book release - lots of errands, book deliveries, preparations...


 Atlanta Smiles is a children's tour guide of the capital city of Georgia.  The story is about a little boy named James (after our late grandfather) who has a deep love for his hometown.  He befriends a neighbor's granddaughter who is visiting named Addie (after our sister).  Together they journey to all of the exciting and remarkable places in Atlanta.  Readers are taken along on the journey with James and Addie and are then able to complete a checklist and become an Atlanta Adventurer.  Check out www.bareader.com


We started off our book release day at Carta Bella for the Spring Fling.  Carta Bella purchased some books and we signed them for the shelves!  We met some nice people and it really started to pick up at the end of our visit there.


Then, we were off to the Centennial Olympic Park for the Fourth Saturdays Celebration.  We had a wonderful turn out and were able to sell lots of books!  Yippee!  Our tent was complete with activities for kids, story time, pencils, stickers, etc.


The dream team: Kathryn, the illustrator, Caroline, the published, Angie, and me


My sweet sweet husband surprised me and showed up! 
He walked right up to the tent to buy a book, I had no idea he was going to be able to come! 


Proud Parents

This week included so many new and exciting firsts:
- First time to see this masterpiece that I had only seen digitally. It looks even better in print!
- First time to see my name on a book (other than a homemade book with a laminated cover from school) - total craziness!  
- First time to ever be asked for my autograph


 Another special treat was that I got to see Courtney - a favorite college friend.

I loved meeting her little one, Walker. 
Walker is just precious and he was all smiles! 

We have a facebook page - Atlanta Smiles Book - please like our page.
Angie's friend Kara writes a blog, Kara's Great Getaways, all about trips and she included our book.  This is exactly what we would love for families to do with our book!
http://www.karasgetaways.com/2011/04/atlanta-smiles.html

If you would like your own copy, you can order at our website www.bareader.com
or you can email me mfholcomb@gmail.com and I will get you one in a jiffy!

1 comment: