Monday, May 23, 2011

A little taste of school and steak


Our biggest NEW thing (maybe of the year) is that Caleb started school.  His plan is to go to UTD for Business, but right now he is at Dallas Community College getting some of those early courses out of the way.  He is doing a wonderful job and taking it very seriously.  Three days in a row I came home to him blaring classical music for music appreciation.  He likes to wear his camo hat, apparently it helps.  I am adjusting, but find it a little difficult to leave him alone and stay quiet.  We've been spoiled to hang out together every evening.  I'm so proud of him and I know he is going to do a wonderful job.  There is a long rode ahead of us, but we are off to a good start.


After all that hard work during the week, it was time to have a little bit of fun.  Friday night was my first time at a Brazilian Steakhouse.  We bought dinner off restaurant.com and loved every bite.  We went to Rafain Steakhouse and tried 16 meats (collectively - I'm a little picky).  Not to mention the salad bar and dessert bar - unbelievable!  It was unlike anything else I have ever done.  It took only a moment when we turned our card over to green to have several waiters bringing delectable meats.


Very happy after a full meal


My first Taste Addison Experience
I think this might become an annual tradition


Caleb checking out the NBA players' hands.


Lauren with the "next big NBA" star - we'll be excited to see him in the big time!


The sweet Looneys sharing some homemade ice cream. 


We had a great time trying all kinds of delicious foods for restaurants in Addison. 
What a FUN afternoon! 


Caleb got a new laptop for school - it is quite motivating! 


Dinner at The Porch - I tried corn soup, and I wish I had some right now.


Lots of my favs - we are always making new memories.  
I love all of these ladies!  

1 comment:

  1. I love rafain churrascaria! The first time I went was so overwhelming. I had no idea how much food I was about to get handed to me. It's definitely better the more you go since you have an idea of how much of your stomach will be used (alllll of it).

    ReplyDelete