Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our First Easter

April 24 - 30

Caleb and I celebrated our first married Easter in Atlanta.


We went to church with my parents,

and sister Angie and her family.  It was a special service and it was a treat to be with family.


After a delicious Easter dinner, we were on our way to Dallas.  My dad always gets me to the airport early...like take the earlier flight early.  So, that's just what we did.  We caught the earlier flight which made it possible for us to see Caleb's dad, brother, and the rest of the family.  It was a sweet surprise.  I love being with family on holidays!



Caleb got his Easter basket a little early (I didn't think I was going to be spending Easter with him because of the book signing - but that darling surprised me!)

Tuesday night was our first girl craft night.  I have been blessed to be placed in a Foundation Group with such encouraging, fun loving, and uplifting women.

I am super excited about our first project.  Inspired by a "Box of Promises" my prayer leader gave me in college - we are all making out own verse boxes.

It is neat to see how each box suits our personalities - the perfect combination.

We are starting with contentment.   Each of us is memorizing a verse on contentment and sharing it with the group.  We are going to share verses and copy them to save in our box.  I know it will be an encouragement when needed and we will grow in our relationship with the Lord and each other.

Saturday, Caleb and I wanted to try a new brunch place.  We went to Garden Cafe.  It is a cute, unique breakfast spot.  They grow the vegetables in the garden right where you eat.

It was a fun laid back atmosphere, but it is no fast food.  There is a wait, and nobody who eats there seems to mind...except the hungry McGuires.  We had a great time and the food was absolutely delicious, but we went a little hungry for the upcoming wait.

Saturday night was Robyn's 33rd birthday celebration.



We met up at Gloria's - I love that place. 


Then we headed to Knox Street Pub and danced the night away.  It was such a fun night and it was great to be able to celebrate with such a sweet friend.


(the Robyn birthday photos were taken on Caleb's iphone - not quite the quality the iphone promises - but still great memories none the less)

1 comment:

  1. How fun for Easter! The memories will always be in our heads :) It was awesome and so glad you can be there!!

    ReplyDelete