Monday, May 16, 2011

Mommas and The Olympics

Sunday, May 8 was Mother's Day.  We spent the day at my mother in law's house and had a wonderful time.  I just so happen to have a fun loving, free spirited, welcoming, supportive mother in law.  I am very thankful for her, and she always makes me feel right at home.  We met at her salon, which is newly remodeled thanks to her and Caleb's Poppa.  Then we headed over to her house for a cookout and some time at the pool.  I tried turkey hot dogs and loved them - will definitely be buying those at the store from now on. (don't tell Caleb) I met some new folks and made some new friends. 
I didn't take any pictures on Mother's Day - but here is a favorite from our rehearsal dinner! 

I wasn't able to be with my own mama - living halfway across the world and all - but she definitely needs a shout out on a Mother's Day blog.  My mom just happens to be the prettiest, most southern woman out there.  She makes everything more fun, and always looks on the positive side of things.  She definitely taught me the importance of family, girl friends, and talking.  She will stop anything she is doing to talk to me or my sisters - and boy can she talk!  

Thursday night, Caleb and I headed to Atlanta for a Couples Weekend in celebration of Mary Sims and Thomas' upcoming nuptials.  Thursday night was my first time to ride the Atlanta Sky Line around the airport. It is really pretty at night.  It was also my first time to stay at Leah and Edwin's house.  I love seeing how happy my old roomie is married to Edwin.  They are the cutest! 


Friday we headed to Clarkesville to get ready for the festivities.  Caleb and I made a bunch of new recipes and enjoyed an afternoon with my parents.  We were excited as our friends started to arrive. 

Friday night we played "The Newlywed Game" with Mary Sims and Thomas.  They did a wonderful job matching answers to all kinds of questions.  And they sure looked cute in their wedding gear! 


Saturday we had a Couples Olympics.  It was incredible!  Couples competed various tasks (three legged race, chubby bunny, egg and spoon race, water balloon toss) and the scores were kept.  I had so much fun and thought it was hilarious.  Everyone did a great job, but the winners are as follows: 

 Gold Medal - David & Lilla Todd
 Silver Medal - Joe & Hillary Wilson 
Bronze Medal - Will Costigan and Emily Waldon 

The King and Queen of the Couples Weekend Olympics
Future Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Costigan


Another fun happening...We floated the Chattahoochee TWICE!  
It was beautiful weather, the water was a little chilly at first, but we got used to it.  


Mary Sims and Thomas will be married in about a month, and I think this was a great way to celebrate.  
Personally, I had a wonderful time and I loved getting to be with some of my most favorite friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment