Wednesday, March 9, 2011

faux hawks are fun

This has been a busy week...lots of new things to report!
Sunday night Caleb's brother Josh came to church with us.  It was a first, and we loved having him.  We had a great dinner and good conversation.  It's so nice to have him back in town for a while!
I have had two certification tests looming over my head - eh!  Texas grants you one year to gain your Texas certification when you transfer your teaching license from another state, and I sure have been taking my time.  Tuesday was my test day - boy, did it show up quickly!  So...Monday night I began "studying".  It doesn't quite come back like I expected.  Tuesday morning, I headed to the testing center and completed the first exam - went home for a quick lunch, and cram session - headed back to the testing center for exam two.  Whew!  It is exhausting to test again.  Thankfully, I found out on Friday, that I did pass both exams - hip hip hooray!  Texas history and all :) 
At school on Thursday,was my first Famous American Project.  it was such a treat to spend the day with a mini Abraham Lincoln, Georgia O'Keefe, Jimmy Carter, Pocahontas, and the list goes on...They were precious and had clearly learned lots!

Friday night my handsome hubby transformed his afro

into

a

faux hawk!

Saturday night we met the Smiths and the Tubbs at The Park.  It was a one of a kind resturant experience.  They grow all of their fruits and vegetables on the roof, and serve them so fresh!  Each and every dish has a little twist.  We had quite the dinner extravaganza.  I highly recommend The Park for your next special event. 
No need to worry, the faux hawk was not permanent...
Caleb shaved it off before work on Monday - just a week before Honeymoon Part B!

No comments:

Post a Comment