Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tanning Beds and Open Houses

Apparently if you have never used a tanning bed you should not tan long...I thought it might be a good idea for Caleb to tan in our apartment's tanning bed in preparation for the trip - I was wrong!  My intentions were pure, I didn't want him to be miserable on our trip - so instead he was miserable the week before.  He was a hot, red mess - his bum was fuchsia.  I felt so bad, as a novice he must not recognize the burning flesh smell, and clearly stayed till he was fried.  The silver lining is that he definitely decided he does not want to be sun burnt on the trip (thankfully he had a week to recover) so he plans to wear lots of sunscreen.  This was a new thing for him, that I am willing to bet will never be repeated.
Thursday night I had my first HPISD Open House.   It was great.  My student's parents are the BEST!  They were so kind and encouraging.  My kiddos were precious showing off all of their good work. It is really fun how Armstrong does it - the night is complete with a cookout, all of the school is open, and activities are around to participate in. 
Now...off to pack for Honeymoon Part B - I promise next week will have many more fun new things to report!  

No comments:

Post a Comment